Wednesday, December 19, 2012

IT’S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR!

There is no snow but the Christmas Spirit abounds.  The Mayor appointed former long time ZBA member and past Chairman Robert Bristol to a seat on that board that opened when Mayor Johnson did not reappoint current member and last Democrat Amy Durland.  This completes his termination of the  Democrats that he has replaced in the last 5 years with either old guard Republicans like Bristol, Tom Roohan and Jumpin’ Joe Dalton, City  Republican Committee people and/or political favors he has to hand out. 

While it is the Mayor’s duty to make these Board appointments, it would only be natural for a smart overseer (?) of the City, to appoint some new young blood to these boards instead of the men who had served 20 – 30 years ago and are walking around with a little formaldehyde in their veins.   I guess when he said ‘he would be a Mayor that would work across the aisle’ at his first State of the City speech I’ll bet he was talking about bowling lanes and thought they were aisles.  It also doesn’t hurt to have a few appointees of the opposite party to get some opinions.  I am sure of all the appointments he has made, there must have been at least 3 or 4 capable Democrats who could have filled the positions.  Well, that’s politics.

Well, it’s time for Batboy and Batgirl to hand out some presents to a few of our friends.
  • First we’ll send the Mayor a case of Grey Goose.  That should take him through First Night.
  • We’ll send some ex lax to Shauna because she always has that constipated look on her face.  We only hope she doesn’t overdose on it, and no Shauna, you can’t take the pills with Grey Goose.
  • For Mary Zlotnick we will send her stockings stuffed with all sorts of listening devices, donated by former Commissioner Dick Wirth.  Tape recorders, phone cameras, stethoscope (for hearing between walls), a lock pick set, so you can sneak in and get into locked file cases.  We’ll have Batman deliver your stockings because he wants to take you for a spin in the Batmobile.
  • To Al Callucci, coming your way is a pipe, magnifying glass and a deerstalker so you can look like Sherlock Holmes when you patrol the hood at the Terrace.
  • If I could ever find Tamara Valentine again, who has turned up MIA since she was knocked off the Tattlers team, I’d send over some of the Captain’s peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses.
  • To Lucian McCarty, I still say you are the best, so just tell me what you want and I’ll see if I can get it for you; it has to be legal of course.
  • To Citizen Nancy, hang in there and keep exposing the truth.

Well this is the Mayor’s list, gee, I mean the short list.  We’ll have some great news to report in early 2013, but until then if we don’t write before, have a Very Merry Christmas and a Healthy 2013!




8 comments:

  1. Is that why when ever Shauna Sutton opens her month S*** come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy Durland is/was the BEST !

    Guess its "Welcome to Wally's World" now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If ever a local blog contest were held, where do you think your blog would finish?
    a. First
    b. Second
    c. Last
    d. Never

    On a scale of 1 to 10, how good do YOU think your blog is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the question. I honestly don't care where my blog would finish, that is not the reason I have the blog, I write from what I hear people are talking about, with a slant that they don't get anywhere else. I don't aspire to be better or worse than anyone else. That's why I am Captain America. I will say that having as many hits as I do, I know people are reading the blog, so that warms the clogged arteries of my heart.

      Delete
  4. Johnson drinks Scotch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. He must have switched over. last time I knew (when I used to hang out, he pounded vodka), so I will change the delivery to a case of Glenlivet.

      Delete

STOP THE INDOCTRINATION OF OUR CHILDREN SARATOGA SCHOOL BOARD

  AMANDA ELLITHORPE CONNIE WYTOWICH CHRISTINE KRASZEWSKI   This coming Tuesday May 18 th Saratogians will be voting for 3 members f...